There are four different ways a task can start.
|Finish-to-Start||A task cannot start until its predecessor finishes|
|Finish-to-Finish||A task cannot finish until its predecessor finishes|
|Start-to-Start||A task cannot start until its predecessor starts|
|Start-to-Finish||A task cannot finish until its predecessor starts|
There are multiple ways to select tasks:
- Press Ctrl and click the first cell in the row (task number) containing the task for each task you want to select.
- Press Shift and click the first cell in the row (task number) containing the task. This selects a range of tasks between (and including) the current task and the task you’ve clicked.
- Press Shift and then press the Up or Down arrow on your keyboard to select the current task(s) above (or below) the current one.
To set the task dependencies for selected tasks:
- Click Actions from the toolbar and select Link Tasks or
- Click the Link Tasks button on the toolbar.
- Click the Properties button on the toolbar.
- Click the Predecessors tab on the Task Properties window.
- Check off the appropriate tasks.
- Click in the Dependencies field and select the appropriate dependency.